Downland School Exam Results – 2019
Overview for students who were taught in school and accessing a full curriculum 13 out of 15 (87%), rather than those on alternative and flexible programmes, 6 out of 15 of these students were disadvantaged (40%):
- 62% (8 out of 13) students in school achieved five or more GCSEs at grade 9 – 1 including English and maths
- The average number of GCSE qualifications achieved by students in school is 4.6.
- 93% of students gained a qualification in English, maths and science.
- 31% of students (4 out of 13) of those in school achieved the expected level of attainment using national estimates in maths.
- 40% (2 out 0f 5) of disadvantaged students in school achieved the expected level of progress using national minimum estimates in Maths.
- AD&T had four students achieving a grade 4 pass.
Performance table measures for all students (16)
GCSE achievement at the end of key stage 4:
- 0% achieved 9-4 GCSE in English and maths
- Progress 8 -2.08
- Attainment 8 11.27
- Attainment 8 English 2.00 (only English language taken)
- Attainment 8 maths 4.27
- 0% achieved EBacc. However, the current curriculum is not shaped to meet the English Baccalaureate. Instead it is personalised for each student. For example, pupils only take English language and one science, with the option of taking two.